Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Introduction

Those of you who know me may be surprised by these words.  

For a while now, I have been questioning whether I truly believe in feminism as a "philosophy," a way of "understanding women," or a lifestyle.

I have recently come to the conclusion that I can no longer call myself a feminist, as I believe feminism, as both a movement and an idea, is fundamentally wrong.

I hope to elaborate further on the revelations that led me to this decision in other posts. For now, I hope that certain members of my audience will bear with me as I begin to tell my story.

I haven't decided how this blog is going to go just yet. As someone who has thought of herself as a feminist her whole life, this is uncharted territory for me. Hang in there, dear readers. I will return soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am a male of left politics . I once identified as a fellow traveller of feminism but have become increasingly dismayed by what passes under that banner. The patriarchy theory, the distortion of of statistics, the propensity for hate and its myths. I want to come out as no longer being a friend of feminism but I am at a loss as to how to do this. I can only hold my nose for so long and I am now in need of a bucket. but the price of coming as a leftist will be high.

    ReplyDelete